Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3

13 Reasons Why I LOVE having the kids around...
1. The way Middlechild strokes my back or arm when he's sitting beside me. Even though he hasn't said "I love you" much, he says it every time he does this.
2. The way Oldest has attached to Superhubbie so much that while we're watching a movie on a Sunday afternoon, she climbs up on his lap and they both fall asleep sitting in the recliner before the movie is half way over.
3. The way Youngest is so smart! He usually learns his lesson the first time he goofs up.
4. The way Middlechild is just like Superhubbie so many ways.
5. The way the dogs (mostly Woody) plays with them - it's a sight to behold!
6. The way they lit up when I cleaned up and decorated the guest bathroom, put a dresser in there, put their clothes in it and told them that it was theirs. It gave them even more of a sense of belonging.
7. The way they keep me on my toes! I can't be a couch potato like I enjoyed in summers past. I like this!
8. The way I don't eat as much when they're around. I've lost 4 lbs. in the last 2 weeks!
9. The way Youngest goes to comb his hair and only combs over the front 2 inches because that's all he sees in the mirror.
10. The way Middlechild woke up from his nap and pulled a tooth all by himself.
11. The he woke up the next morning and I saw such a smile on his face when he found a dollar under his pillow from the Tooth Fairy.
12. The way they love coming out here and never complain, wanting to go home.
13. The way they know in their hearts that we belong together without anyone saying anything to them about what we want to do.

No comments: