Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy 4th Anniversary Baby!

Ok, so I know I haven't done a lot of blogging as of late, but I've got 2 very young boys running around my house. Do you blame me?!?
So, last night on our way back from camp, we dropped by Meijer's to get some things for mom-in-law and I ran off and got Superhubbie a card, I can't go shopping without him apparently (well, I can, but haven't had the chance). He knew I got him one after I rejoined him because he saw it in my hand, but I went over to the self check-out and the boys were like "Missy, what are you doing over there?!?" I said, "being sneaky" and after I got done, I decided that for some reason, the lady at the desk for the self check-out was the person to talk to. She was around our age and looked friendly, so I talked to her. Told her why I was being sneaky so she didn't think me suspicious and then she said, "Cute boys" I told her about their story and how they weren't ours, yet. She seemed excited for us. As we left she told us Happy Anniversary. It was nice, because I've learned that nobody really tells you that after your first year anniversary. Until you have kids, but then they have to be old enough to be aware of all that stuff. So, it seems like it's just another year...
BUT, since I've resigned from my teaching job, I've got much more time to do things that I enjoy. I began doing our Wedding Scrapbook a couple weeks ago and fell upon my journals from then. I have 3 volumes: The Courtship, The Engagement (which is MIA at the moment) and The Marriage. I was reading the first volume and it reminded me of all the reasons I love Joe. The things that my job and life seemed to have taken away from me. I told him the other night that I had practically forgotten who we were. We, are Joe & Missy Potter, the two that everyone was pushing for to get together. The two that would put a smile on every one's faces when we came into a room together. The two that are absolutely and totally in love with each other and it shows. I hate the way life gets in the way of relationships. It has even tried to get in the way of our relationship with God at times too. I love being married to Joseph Potter, he IS the love of my life (besides Jesus) and I will love him forever. Happy Anniversary Baby! And MANY more to come! :)

2 comments:

the lizness said...

yay for The Potters! Two friends who belong together for life.

And for the record I DID remember that it was 4 years, I just wasn't sure if it was today or tomorrow. Every anniversary counts.

Love to you both!

Jana said...

Happy anniversary to you, Happy anniversary to you...Happy Anniversary toooo theeee Pooootttterrssssssssss....Happy Anniversary to you..........................Okay enough of my singing...it's giving me a headache....But Congrats to you...I did get your msg and I will call you tomorrow! Love ya
Jana

....(Hey you should sneak away now for your anniv because in a couple of months it will not be so easy...with the lil ones and all!!)