Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pregnancy symptoms & VBS don't mix!

So, we have VBS at our church this week (Monday-Thursday). I was supposed to be in charge of the "Choir class" and we also had a "Praise singing class". I'm not entirely sure why we had both, considering that we both do basically the same thing AND we have to compete with classes like: Clowns, Puppets, Cooking (my mother-in-law does choc-chip cookies in that class!), and Crafts! Monday I went to help out (as an obedient Godly woman would) and I had 1--ONE child sign up for my class and there were three that signed up for praise singing. How can you have a choir of ONE? So, we decided to combine classes that night. We had five adults to three registered children that showed up. I think the odds were good that with me feeling the way I did (stomach feeling like a rock and heartburn like crazy and more tired than I had ever been), I really wouldn't be needed the rest of the week. And I'm glad I talked to the guy in charge and asked him if that was ok, because last night it got worse! It was to the point that, if I would have waited any longer to eat, I would have vomitted (don't ask me what, because there was nothing in the tummy!). My back was killing me and so was my foot (which for some reason decided that a bone was going to displace itself in the top of my foot on Saturday) and I couldn't stand for long periods of time. So, there I was with Superhubby trying to help me make supper (my mexican feast of chicken and cheese enchiladas, rice, beans and guacamole) because I got really desperate. He saw me almost doubling over from the stomach pain (nausea?) and leaning against the freezer from the foot and back pain, I guess he felt sorry for me and decided to help. So, needless to say, I'm really glad I backed out of VBS for the rest of the week. I don't think I would've lived through it.

Speaking of Superhubby...he has been so good to me. (He always has been, but even more so now.) Last week I had a craving something fierce for onion rings! It started on Tuesday, but we didn't have them and he was going to the store on Thursday. So, I mentioned it again to him while at the store and he really didn't say much. He DID, however, show up at the house with a huge vidalia onion and he made me HOMEMADE onion rings!!! I don't remember what we had them with, but those onion rings were sooooo gooood!!!! We made them again at mom-in-law's on Saturday with hamburgers. Then I made one comment yesterday while he was at the grocery store that I'd like some Oreos with milk. He came home with a pack of Oreos! Now, mind you, I'm not (yet, and hopefully won't be) the pregnant woman who scarfs down everything she sees, or eats a whole pack of Oreos by herself in one sitting. But I do enjoy these cravings as much as I can while still being conscious of my weight and what I should and shouldn't be eating and how much. But I have also found that no matter what I eat, it's going to give me heartburn, just since last week. I hear that if you have a lot of heartburn during pregnancy, your baby will have lots of hair at birth. We'll see.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Tums. Have them handy at all times.

Say it with me. Tums.

Missy said...

Tuuuuummmmmmsssss! (I found apples help too!)

Anonymous said...

LOL, yeah, I think I took out stock on Tums! .....but you've seen my children Missy. Bald as a cucumber when they were born (and being blonde, any hair they DID have was hard to see. lol) So....who knows? I've heard that old wives tale too. =) I had heartburn with Abby the worst, and she was the one w/the very least hair, and then....poor thing, my baby GIRL....didn't get any hair till she was like 2 1/2! But wouldn't ya know, Jonathan had his first hair cut at 10 mos! And check out the curls on Hunter now! =) Lol. ....Abby was so bald, in fact, that (even in pink frilly dresses) she'd get called a boy. (Gaaahh!) And for her first bday pics, I Karo Syruped a bow to her head just so it would stick, lol, and she could have a bow in her hair for the pictures!! She didn't have enough hair to actually put a bow IN! (At least she tasted yummy after I took the bow off and kissed her little head clean. heeheehee) =) ~CH