Monday, June 29, 2009

Miscellany

I'm going to my first midwife appointment today at 1:15. The one thing I'm really not looking forward to is driving to the Big City all by my little lonesome. I don't do that kind of driving...without much persuasion! Since my appt. is in the middle of the day, Superhubby can't accompany me either way (there or home). So, even though I'll be a few miles away from him, I probably won't even get to see him until he comes home tonight. BTW-Look at the pregnancy tickers! My baby actually looks like a baby now! (That is if my calculated due date is correct...I'll find out today.) :-)))

OH! OH! We're having marinated steak (that Superhubby does on his smoker grill---WONDERFUL!), baked potatoes (with butter, cheese and salt of course!) and salad tonight!!!!! I'm so excited! We really haven't done steaks on the grill and went all out for a nice meal like this in a while. Lately, the only things that have hit the grill are burgers and chicken...both of which are lovely, but nothing, I repeat...NOTHING beats a steak a la Superhubby! We've picked out some T-bones from the freezer and they've been marinading since last night. The plan WAS to start the marinading on Friday night, but we were so busy this weekend that we kept forgetting. :-(

Speaking of being busy...Saturday we did both farmers markets in two different towns and pulled it off! Mom-in-law and I did the one farther away and Superhubby did the normal one. This last Saturday must not have been a great market week, because neither did well at all. But, that's how markets go...great one week and poopy the next. I love doing the new market, what I hate is the getting up at 5 something AM. If you know me at all, I'm NOT a morning person. And with Superhubby wanting to stay up late to get things done for the market after getting home from Friday night pizza at the in-laws, it makes for a very short night. When we finally got home in the afternoon Saturday, we both crashed for a 3----THREE HOUR nap! We were soooo pooooooped out! That basically left enough time to feed the chickens and go back to the in-laws for supper. We usually do Friday pizza and whatever Mom-in-law gets a hankerin' for on Saturday. Since we moved out here closer to them, we've pretty much been doing it that way. It's not like a set-in-stone thing, but we like it and do it as often as we can. Who can pass up Mom-in-law's cookin' anyway?!? Nobody I know of! Well, I may come back and blog this afternoon after my appointment. Either that or in the morning. But I'll let you know if I found anything out (due date wise, etc.) that I didn't know before. Love ya's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, I'd never pass up a meal made by ur m-i-l! =) I haven't been on ur page in FOREVER....lovin' it! The baby, lol, is soooo cute! =) I told Daniel, "check it out!" It's cool! =) I hear ya sista (on the needle thing). Had to have blood taken a few weeks ago. Granted, even though I don't like it, after having 3 kids I'm used to it. But when the nurse was done and I turned to look and saw like 6 viles I went "U took THAT MUCH BLOOD??!" Holy cow!! Glad I'd taken Pop Tarts w/me to munch on! lol

Good luck w/the market. I don't know HOW I always manage (but I do...) to let the entire summer go by w/o going. But it's my goal to make it sometime this year!!!! LOL =) Maybe we'll see ya there.... =)
~Carolyn