Monday, June 8, 2009

Have you heard the news?

Well, most of you now know. I'm preggers!!! Here's what was SUPPOSED to happen. This was Superhubby's plan. We were supposed to have mom-in-law put "Missy & baby" on the prayer list in last night's service. (Thus the poll on the side asking about prayer lists!) And then we were going to wait and see who came up with the information...........Well, it didn't exactly happen that way. Yesterday MORNING, Superhubby (y'know, the one with "THE PLAN") writes on his Sunday School kids' papers "Missy's pregnant, Don't tell!" and expects it to not be told by a bunch of teenagers between the ages of 12 and 15!!!!!! The nerve?!?!?! So, a nice young lady that is in his class comes up to me and says "Missy, is this true?" and points to the paper. Immediately I recognize my traitor of a husband's handwriting and say, "He wasn't supposed to tell! I'm gonna kill 'im!!!!" So, I head up to his classroom and he's already gone. I call him and say "Where are you? Cuz I'm gonna kill ya!" And he laughs and says "I'm in the sanctuary, come right ahead!" So, I go to the sanctuary and he and my mom-in-law are standing in the back of the santuary with what Superhubby calls a "'possum eatin' poop grin" on their faces! I get back there and he of course says "I put DON'T TELL on the papers! Nice Young Lady, you weren't supposed to tell!!!" Mom-in-law proceeds to say, "I told Nice Young Lady's mom this morning!" I said, "You weren't supposed to tell until tonight!" Then, it happened. Pastor's daughter-in-law overhears and says "Tell what?" and I knew it was over! Mom-in-law says "She's pregnant" and I turned away, knowing that I--who was trying to uphold my own traitor of a husband's wishes to the death--had just lost. While I was turned away, some kind of agreement went on between mom-in-law and Pastor's daughter-in-law and I felt my whole head turn bright red as P's D-in-law YELLED ACROSS THE SANCTUARY.........."HEY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! MISSY P IS PREEEEEGGNNNAAAANNNNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And the hundred or so people left at church fell silent and looked our way. I was so embarrassed! Glad it was out, but embarrassed! So, I figured it was time to notify everyone else that I had cell numbers for and began texting people the wonderful news. So, Mrs. Lemon knew before I even posted this time.

So, here are the answers to your questions. I'm due probably in early to mid-February, which puts me at about 4-6 weeks. I have my first appointment with my OB/GYN on June 29th, but I'm really thinking about using a mid-wife if my insurance covers it. I'm really interested in doing this thing as naturally and without technology as much as I can. Since sis-in-law passed on, we as a family have really tried to clean up our act. We try to stay as natural and organic as possible. So, sorry peeps, but that means that we probably won't know what it is until he or she comes out. Speaking of "he or she"...I have had 3 or 4 people already call it a "HE". Is that prophetic? I don't know, but I think everyone is sick and tired of the lack of little boys running around the church. I feel sorry for all the little girls that have been born in the last 3 years, because their youth group is going to be much like mine was...boys few and far between. It wasn't fun or easy trying to find a knight in shining armor in that crowd! Many of us had to go elsewhere to find ours. Turns out mine was there most of the time and I didn't even realize it! Ok, well...I have TONS of things to do today. So, I'll stop rambling and let you comment. Love ya's!

4 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Yay yay. Keeping you in my prayers for a happy & healthy all the way through.

Rebecca said...

Your first appointment is on the day I leave!

I'm so stinking excited for you! You will have to make sure to blog and stuff so that I can keep up over there. I'm so happy for you guys! =)

MotherT said...

Y soy muy entusiasmado por su!

Anonymous said...

I, for one, would not object to you having a wittle boy. =) Hunter, poor thing, is THE ONLY BOY in his S.S. class currently! Not kidding, go in there some morning and check it out! lol. Since Promotion Sun, he's the only boy left in there. At night when we're praying w/the kids, he likes to list everyone in his class. Yeah....ALL GIRLS BUT HIM! (S'ok I guess. None of them stand a chance....he's got his eye on "Nessie, my Nessie, my friend.") =) <3 lol ~CH