Friday, August 24, 2007

Pleased...

#1 - Superhubby's boss asked him to stay for 2 extra weeks after his temp assignment was supposed to be up. Maybe they're looking for a permanent spot for him. PRAY! :)

#2 - Last Sunday's Sunday School lesson went well. The kids realy enjoyed seeing all of the pictures, foreign money and stuff that I have from Latin America.

#3 - Hands of Praise (our church's "mime" team) had our first practice Tuesday. I was to teach the first song that we're doing this season. It went very well for the first practice. I even had some compliments on my teaching and my "choreographed" signs.

I'm so excited about this H.O.P. season. I think it's going to be really good and annointed. I never thought that I'd get into it this much! I used to be scared to death but really wanted to join. I've now jumped into wholeheartedly! It's exciting to be a part of such an annointed group.

Well, we're not watching the kiddos anymore. We'll only get them on weekends now because school started and I'd have to go into town (30 minutes one way) three times every day I'd watch them. So, we're not going to have them as much. The day that sis-in-law went into the hospital, I found out that their "permanent custody trial" had been cancelled. All because they are kids and really have split loyalties. They love Fostermom, but they have a connection with Realmom to whom they feel the need to be loyal. So, everytime the person that was supposed to speak for them in court talked to them, they'd say something different. (they wanted to stay with Fostermom or they wanted to go back to Realmom) So, they (the state) has to hire the kids an attorney and they are now (this month) filing for another trial. They say that it can take 2-4 months from the time of filing to get the actual trial scheduled. So, the waiting game continues...

I need to talk to the pastor first, but I'm thinking about getting a class started for Spanish for homeschoolers at the church. I'm also throwing around the idea of a "Spanish review" class for adults who would like to brush up on the Spanish that they took years ago. I'm not sure yet what days or how much I'm going to charge. I think, if nothing else, it would greatly advance our ministry with the Mexicans that live on the property.
Well, got so much to do! Superhubby's b-day is on Monday. I've gotta get things together.

2 comments:

MotherT said...

Light bulb just went on--for the "Brush-up" class, it would be neat after a few weeks to see if any of the Mexicans would come over and let us practice on them!

The Muffin said...

If you need any help with the homeschooling spanish, let me know. I was telling my mom a few weeks ago I would like to do something like that.