Friday, May 2, 2008

7 Days, 13 hours & 17 minutes!!!!!!

Yeah, m'kay...I'm gettin' anxious! With a million and one things to do before we leave, I just wanna go now! I don't wanna have to do one of those million and one things...waaaaaaaah! Well, on a good note, the front garden is fully planted! Bad note, the back garden isn't even half way planted. :-( We've got all the cucumbers, zucchini, beets, cabbage, greens, potatoes, most onions & lettuces planted. We've got TOO MANY tomato & pepper plants that need planted in the back. The peas are coming up. Half the corn is planted. The pumpkins & melons are still in trays awaiting plantation and Lord knows how many more things need planted before we depart. That's just the veggies. I know I've got a lilac, a rose & some "creeping Jenny" (like creeping phlox) that need planted too. Among all that, the large yard that we have needs mowed, the house needs cleaned & all laundry needs done so I can pack. The good news is, the laundry's almost complete. The bad news is, the house is a wreck! I've assigned myself a room or area a day to get it done by Friday of next week. This includes mowing the front and side yards on my own during the daytime while praying that it doesn't rain on the days that I've allotted for it.
Nuff about all that I need to do...the kitties are getting so much bigger! Two have eyes completely open and the other is half way there. I've started thinking about how much they've grown just over the last week and a half and how much I'm going to miss during the two weeks that I'm going to be gone. I helped Tillie out today by changing the teeny tiny box that she had picked out under the table with a box twice the size. Poor thing had those babies crawling all over her, clawing at her face and everything. The box really was only big enough for her to lay in, let alone add three quickly growing kittens. I think she likes it now that she's checked it all out and everything's kosher. At first she was like "Hey, whadda ya doin'?!?" But after a couple minutes, she settled right in.
Ok, so I renewed my cellphone contract a couple weeks ago and ordered my new phone online. I got it last Saturday. It's a red (dark red, not fire engine red like Donnie's) Motorola Razor. I'm not sure that I like it. But the cheaper phones really aren't worth much anymore. It's definitely an upgrade from the trash Samsung I had before. Even though it was cute, it wasn't by any means practical. This phone is the Razor V3a...nothing like the V3m or V3i. It doesn't have an mp3 player or a micro sd slot *sniff, sniff...* One thing it does have is a camera/videocamera. But that's about it. Yeah, they're cute, but not really what I was looking for. I was trying for the LG AX2800 which is a lot like the Razor, but it actually has an mp3 player and card slot for only $19.00 more. After rebate I got this one for $0.99. The problem was, our service provider is phasing the LG phone out and phasing in the MUCH more expensive one the next step up. So, (in a know-it-all voice) they "didn't have anymore in stock". Even though it was still on the website. "I'm sorry ma'am, I don't know why it's still on our website." I hate that! Oh, well...guess I'm stuck with this phone (cute, but not really what I wanted) for two years. Maybe in two years, there will be an acceptable phone in the "cheap" category for when you renew contract. We'll see.
Speaking of things that I hate...I really dislike those little pieces of skin that decide the hang out over top your cuticles and get caught on things and then bleed like a stuck pig when pulled off accidentally. You have anything like this that you greatly dislike?

No comments: