Wednesday, May 7, 2008

2 days, 13 hours and 28 minutes!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm taking a break. I really didn't plan on blogging before sometime on Saturday or Sunday, but I need a break! The yard is finally (mostly) mowed. There are a couple places that I let go because I got tired of being "yelled" at by Superhubby. I unfortunately ran over 2 of his baby hazelnut trees. When he doesn't have them marked well and the grass got taller than they were...it was almost inevitable for lil' miss Missy to do. So, I avoided that area on top of the hill where his raspberries are. We've worked on the garden like locos and still don't have it all done. Last night we worked until we couldn't see anymore. We drug the monstrous charcoal grill out back to the garden and grilled chicken and potatoes and veggies. Finally we packed up all the gardening stuff and when Superhubby got to the grill he needed a flashlight to see the food. :-) We finished planting too many tomatoes and began planting plenty of peppers. I finished planting horrendous amounts of hot peppers today. We still have pumpkins/squash and melons to plant. Hopefully it'll clear up enough on Friday afternoon that Superhubby can come home and plant them. My roses, creeping Jenny and lilac still need planted also. I'd like (I'm afraid it's wishful thinking) to plant some seeds for my climbing flowers to see if they'll come up before we get back, but I don't know if that'll happen. The house is the next thing on the list. Cleaning time!!! Monday night, mom-in-law wanted to close up the camper and have it all ready to go because of the rain that they've been calling for to make sure that it doesn't get rained on and is dry when it's closed up. So, Monday I had all the clothes and stuff that went in the camper all packed up and took it all over. Now, all we need to make sure is packed is the bathroom bag with the last minute essentials, the much needed electronics (ie. laptop for blogging, digital camera and video camera and mp3 players.) Friday night, the dogs' bed is going over to mom-in-law's (they're staying with Superhubby's cousin at her house whilst we are gallyvanting around the country) along with Red the guinea pigster. The kittens are growing up a lot! They all have their eyes open now and they are sooooo cute!! Tillie is getting anxious to go outside, so I'm going to have to make sure that cuz and neighbor lady know to watch that she doesn't leave the house when they come in to feed. Well, while I'm waiting on the storms to arrive, I've got to go get caught up on my cleaning. I'm sure we'll see eachother again soon. Same time, same channel! :-) As Superhubby would say "Lost an old bagel!" (Hasta Luego for those of you who don't speak Joe)

3 comments:

the lizness said...

I would love love love to be able to plant something and it actually grow. Good thing Chris enjoys that kind of work :)

Have a FABULOUS trip!

Rebecca said...

I think Alison has it down to the seconds now. She was really hyper at church tonight.

Carolyn said...

Meant to tell you last night at church.....have a safe and wonderful trip!!! It will be fun having Alison along! =) Maybe you guys can work on some new mimes? hahah, lol, JK =) Anyway, have fun!!! =)