Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 4 - Part 2

The Saturn V from the back...
This is the very top of the Saturn V...you see the triangle part on the far right? That's the control module. Three guys would basically lay in there from start to end of the mission!
The beautiful Texas longhorn...
...and another!
Check the pretty flowers!
Well, that's about it...other than, we stopped at Landry's which is a seafood restaurant in Kemah, which is near Galveston. Awesome food! I had jumbo coconut shrimp with steak fries and onion rings. Then for dessert, we all shared a bananas foster. Wonderful!!! Then we came back to Aunt Sandy's and hung out for a while, then made supper for everyone. David, Debbie & Alex came over about an hour or so after Austin & Robert came home from work. Then we grilled chicken and steak that has been marinading since yesterday. Mom made her roasted potatoes and I made a plantain dish to put over vanilla ice cream for dessert. It was soooooo yummy! Well, Joe's waiting for the computer, so I'd better go. From now until we get to Gallup, NM, I won't have a DSL wi-fi connection, so I probably won't be able to do near as many pictures. So, you'll just have to wait for some of them. I am also starting a 2 week series called "The daily boyfriends of Alison". You'll just have to wait until I get that going... :-) See ya later!

1 comment:

the lizness said...

loving your pictures! 'specially the wildflowers on this one.

(not to put a damper on your trip, but one of the pictures of Alison reminded me so much of Tiffany, I had to look twice. I miss her!)