Tuesday, August 4, 2009

All about baby...

Ok, not a lot to talk about this time...but here we go anyhooo...

Since last Monday when my midwife found the heartbeat of the baby and I could feel a "lump" which was the baby, I've felt something in the belly a few times. I can't really explain it other than I'm positive it was the baby, whether it was moving or just up against some flexed muscle or what I don't know...but the baby nonetheless. I've felt it twice, both times I was going from a sitting to a laying down position in the bed and I felt a tightness like I've never felt before in my lower belly (about where the midwife found it on Monday). I told Superhubby the first time: "That was weird. I think I just felt the baby." and his normal reply for everything having to do with stomach: "It was gas." You must know my hubby to know that his reply for many things is "gas". If you feel a rumbly in your tumbly and you say so, even though you're hungry, it's "gas" to him. He's just funny. I let his comment go, because I knew it was the baby. I know I'm not supposed to feel fetal movement until towards the end of this month, but I'm not sure it was movement, just presence.
One more thing: So far, I've gotten predictions from two ladies at church. One had a dream about me having twins, the other said on Sunday "you're having a girl." My mother-in-law told me yesterday that she remembers a dream that she had about a baby that wasn't hers that was a boy. I have had dreams (see previous posts) about the baby, and one was really odd and didn't have any gender, but one was a boy. Lately, I've had dreams, the plots of which I have no memory, but I do remember dreaming all night Sunday night about a baby boy. I just don't know what to think. I guess we'll find out in a few months if nothing else. huh?

2 comments:

Jana said...

it just gets better from here....

Liz said...

It will definitely be a boy ... or it will definitely be a girl :)

And you are growing in so many different places inside, there's no telling what you felt. It could have been the baby's gas ... lol