Monday, January 18, 2010

Midwife update (week 38 appt)

Ok, I wrote this once and my computer erased it because I was disconnected from the net...GRRR! So, here we go again...

Last night I went to bed with some sharp pains in my sides of my belly. My midwife attributed them to ligament pain. But all night last night, I had a lower back ache and crampiness. Not fun! Talk about making it hard to sleep! So, I got up this morning and the pain was still pretty constant that I really couldn't do much of anything. So, Superhubby told me to go take a shower and he'd make breakfast. So, I drank about a glass of water and got in the shower and relaxed for a while. The shower helped quite a bit and when I got out, Superhubby had made omelets! Yummy! Breakfast felt good on the starving belly! I managed to accomplish a few things before going to my midwife appointment this afternoon.
I had her check me for dilation, just to ease my curiosity. She usually doesn't check until week 40. She said that I'm 1-2 cm dilated, 50% effaced and the baby's at -1 station (which means it's pretty low!) I've felt like I was going to go about a week early for most of my pregnancy, but now I wonder if it'll be earlier...especially after what's been happening with the baby dropping 2 weeks ago and all the discomfort and pain lately. I told Superhubby that I hope I can at least make it until after my shower, but only God knows. Wouldn't that really spoil plans? I'm really looking forward to the shower on Saturday! It seems like everything is going to be so nice!

Well, talk to you later peeps!

No comments: