Friday, March 21, 2008

Dryin' out!

Sorry for such a long lag in between posts, but as I mentioned before, I've been fighting SUPER s--l--o--w connections. So, we're beginning to dry out and so are the phone lines, so, I've got a fast enough connection now to actually do something online. Yay! I'm tellin' ya, we're so very close to finishing the house it's not even funny. I've been working on priming the walls in the kiddos' rooms all week and I'm going back to it as soon as I finish this post. We worked on trimming the girl's room last night, but didn't finish. We did enough that I can move some stuff out of the way so I can finish priming the final wall in that room. Her room is almost done. I started priming the boy's room, but had to stop because of the stuff that we need to get rid of. Speaking of which, is there anyone out there that would like a nice cabinet radio (old fashioned) complete with record player and 8 track to fix up? I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with it, from what I gather, it's minor, but we picked up two and we've already got one in our bedroom. We just don't have room for another, or the time to fix it up. Let me know. We're still running into storage issues. Still selling things on ebay. I finally broke down and TOLD Superhubby that he had to buy a toolbox big enough to fit all his tools in! I'm tired of whatever room we're working in, there's a pile of tools in the middle of it. It used to be my utility room, then it moved to the kids' bathroom and now it's been the boy's room for quite some time now and I'm tripping over tools like crazy! So, we finally went to the tool store and he picked one out. Now, I just have to get him to sit down and organize things into which toolbox he wants what. I'm still fighting the pile o'tools. I may just throw 'em all in the big tool box and make him organize when he gets around to it. I can't get to where I want to paint in that room. Grrr! Last Saturday, Superhubby and his dad worked on the back overhang over the back doors. They're almost done, but we have to go back to the tool store tonight to get another sheet of plywood. We under estimated. :-( Because he's coming back over tomorrow to help finish it. We should be able to do the home inspection and fire inspection in the next few weeks.

Yes, I did have a birthday. Woopee! I'm 28. Two years from 30...whaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I don't know if I can handle it! My wonderful Spanish students threw me a party on Monday night in class. (Muchas gracias!) I wasn't expecting it and me being my prompt (early) self, spoiled the surprize! Oops. Tomorrow night we're going out to eat with the fam. I hope everyone can make it. It'll be fun!

Ok guys, Sunday night, H.O.P. is up for their next "performance" (I hate calling it a performance, but what else can you call it? Suggestions?) and I'm super SUPER nervous!!!! I'm doing a skit, a monologue to be exact and I've never done a speaking part in anything before! After that, we're doing a song that God put on my heart and gave me the choreography to. I pray it is so very powerful! Pray for me, especially that I can remember my lines! :-) I asked my family to come, I hope they do. I could use a little support in this and I really miss seeing them at church. I don't see them very often now, and I miss that. Well all, I really have to go get covered in paint again. Somebody's gotta do it! :-) Later!

2 comments:

MotherT said...

Glad you are drying out finally!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the guys to finish the overhang project.

Carolyn said...

You did a truly WONDERFUL job tonight Missy! Sooooo many people came up to Daniel and I after church telling us how much they enjoyed the HOP "performance." (I know, you're right....what SHOULD we call it? I hate referring to it as a "performance.")Anyway.... Bro.Specht told Daniel it was the best one we've ever done!

....and I feel ya sista. I'm only 9 months away from the big "3-0." I think I'll lock myself in my room that day and refuse to come out. Waaaaahhh! Or then again, maybe I'll take Lizness's approach on it and just say I'm $29.95 plus shipping and handeling! LOL :)

Again, great job!!! So good to see your parents there tonight! :)